Create a request
Requests let you connect to other applications/APIs in Airtable. A request is a saved set of instructions telling Data Fetcher how to import data to or from your base. Every time you run the request, the data will be imported or exported.
You can use Data Fetcher's out-the-box integrations to import data from many popular applications. Alternatively, you can use custom requests to connect to any API or remote JSON/CSV/XML file by entering the API details yourself.
- 2.After the extension launches, create a free Data Fetcher account by entering a password and clicking "Sign up for free" or click "Continue with Google" to sign in using your Google account.
- On the home screen, click "Create your first request".
- Complete the Authorization by connecting your account or entering an API key. This tells the application that Data Fetcher is allowed is connect. Some applications are public/open and do not need any authorization.
- Select an Endpoint to choose which data from the application you want to import to Airtable. Some applications will not need you to do this as they only have one endpoint.
- Enter a name for your request in the input at the top of the screen.
- Click "Save & Continue" in the bottom right of the screen.
- Complete any required (*) options for your chosen application and endpoint.
- Select the Output Table and View. This is where the data will be imported into. By default, this is set to your current table and view.
- On the create request screen, click "Save & Run" in the bottom right corner.
- For each field, import or filter it. For an imported field, you can set whether to map it to an existing field or create a new field.
- Click "Save & "Run" in the bottom right of the modal.
- The request will now run and import your data to Airtable!