Comment on page
Run sequence from button field
You can run a sequence by clicking a button field in your table. This makes it much quicker to run sequences as you do not have to manually open the extension dashboard, open Data Fetcher and navigate to the sequence.
The first time you click a button field you will need to select which sequence to run. After that, you can just click the button to run the sequence again (without having to select anything).
- Click one of the buttons in the new Airtable button field.
- Data Fetcher will open with a modal where you can select which sequence should run. Use the Sequence dropdown to select the sequence you want to run.
- Click "Save". The sequence will run.
- Next time you click the button field the sequence will run straight away (without you having to select it again).
You can select different sequences to run from button fields in different tables or different views within one table.
- On the home screen, click "Buttons" in the top menu.
- On the modal, click "+ Add" , then select the table, view and sequence. Leaving the view blank means the sequence will run when a button in any view in the table is clicked. You can only select one sequence per table/ view combination. If you have two sequences set for the same table, one with a blank view and one with a view, only the sequence with a view will run.
- Click "Save".