Run sequence using webhook
Every sequence can be run using its webhook URL. This means the sequence can be run automatically when an event happens, e.g. when a record is updated or a form gets a new submission.
To schedule requests, you will first need to authorize (using OAuth) Data Fetcher and Airtable. You will only need to do this once.
- On the create sequence screen, under Webhook, click "Authorize".
- On the modal that opens, click "I understand, let's Authorize".
- A new tab/ window will open, prompting you to let Data Fetcher access Airtable. Add the bases you want Data Fetcher to have access to. We recommend selecting "All current and future bases in all current and future workspaces" to avoid any unauthorized issues in the future.
- Click "Grant access".
- You will return to the Data Fetcher extension and the webhook will be switched on.
To run a sequence by calling its webhook URL, you first need to turn the webhook on:
- On the create sequence screen, under Webhook, click "Turn on webhook for sequence".
- Click theicon next to the webhook URL to copy the webhook URL to your clipboard. The webhook URL will look like this:
- Try visiting the URL in your browser. You should see a success message and the sequence will run immediately.
You can call the webhook and run the sequence from an Airtable automation. This means you can run the sequence when a record is updated, a form is submitted, a record matches a condition or any other Automation trigger.
- Create an automation with the trigger you want, e.g. When a record is updated.
- Add the following script, replacing
YOUR_WEBHOOK_URLwith the one for your sequence: