Run sequence using webhook
Every sequence can be run using its webhook URL. This means the sequence can be run automatically when an event happens, e.g. when a record is updated or a form gets a new submission.
To use webhooks, first, add your Airtable API key. You will only need to add it once. The key is stored securely and then used by Data Fetcher to update the base using the Airtable REST API.
- On the create sequence screen, under Webhook, click "Add API Key".
- Click "Save".
To run a sequence by calling its webhook URL, you first need to turn the webhook on:
- On the create sequence screen, under Webhook, click "Turn on webhook for sequence".
- Click theicon next to the webhook URL to copy the webhook URL to your clipboard. The webhook URL will look like this:
- Try visiting the URL in your browser. You should see a success message and the sequence will run immediately.
You can call the webhook and run the sequence from an Airtable automation. This means you can run the sequence when a record is updated, a form is submitted, a record matches a condition or any other Automation trigger.
- Create an automation with the trigger you want, e.g. When a record is updated.
- Add the following script, replacing
YOUR_WEBHOOK_URLwith the one for your sequence: